Thursday, August 05, 2010

Untitled

Today the Prop 8 trial court released its ruling. The court held that Proposition 8 is unconstitutional, violating both the Equal Protection and the Due Process clauses of the fourteenth amendment of the United States Constitution. What is crazy to me is that the Due Process clause argument and analysis of the court ruling mirrors my personal logic in my previous blog post. I'm not trying to make some grand statement about my intelligence, but I will admit that it is a very validating moment to hear your personal conclusions of law thrown back at you from federal court rulings while you are in law school. If you are interested:

The Opinion

It is epic long, but with a handy-dandy index and very helpful headings, you can skip to some of really good stuff. To see where the money is really made, start reading around page 109 of the document or 111 of the .pdf file.

It is a good day for civil rights, people. God bless all of you, readers, and God bless America.

No comments: